Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wherefore Art Thou?

I heard my friend, Blog
At my door yesterday,
"Can Billy come out?
Can he come out and play?"

No, Billy's been sick
With that same icky tune
But he wants you to know
That he'll be better soon.

He had his last chemo
So this is the end
(Not "The End" in a bad way,
Just the end of the mend.)

For now he needs rest
But no cause for alarm
Very soon he'll be back
With his brilliance and charm.

A new blog will shine.
Hopefully tomorrow.
Because to lose all his friends
Would cause Billy much sorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy needs to know
That he made my day
Just reading his blogg
blew my worry away

Frustrating it was
to wonder where thou art
now my stomach can relax
and I'm able to fart

Elaine

Jennie Macaluso said...

That was an amazing blog :) I am so happy that you had your last :) I hope you are feeling better. It is has been pretty hot here but I am loving it. School is interesting and I LOVe my classes. I was thinking about you lately and everyday I would click on my bookmarks to see if you had posted. And when you hadn't posted in awhile. I began to worry but you washed it away. :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be as cute and clever as your other friends - but I have been checking this blog about 15x's a day and I am soooooooooo happy to see you have written. If you are strong enough to think such poetic words - you must be OK....

My nearness to Bill is not nearly near enough.