Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Clowning Around

A friend of mine read my blog yesterday and called to tell me how much he related to the message. A large sign hangs above his desk at work that says, "The beatings will continue until morale improves."

He explained that it is a constant reminder to him that doing the same things day after day, particularly those things that do not bring progress or joy, are as senseless as daily whippings. (He added that the sign also does a little to hamper the complaints of those who work for him.)

And on a completely different and crazy note, a friend found an ad on Craigslist that he shared with me . . . . 

"We need an Adult Drunk Clown who is good at getting drunk and stupid.  No need to do any clown tricks, just hang out and drink a s#*t load.  We will be hopping around to different bars and want a clown to tag along and drink heavily.  He doesn't even need to socialize with anyone, just drink.  This is in Bucktown Ohio, and oh, don't worry, we will purchase all the drinks."

My friend Paula, who happens to live near there, said, "Finally a job I am not overqualified for."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.