Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thanks Benny

When I worked in Salt Lake City for the Olympics, I had a wonderful, fun friend named Angie. Sadly, as in so many journeys in life, most of us have all scattered across the globe and have lost touch.  But recently Angie and I reconnected via email even though she is now living in Europe.

Angie read my blog to her 4 year old son Benny, and he asked her to comment on the blog with a joke that he hoped would cheer me up.  "Why did the nanna (banana) go to the doctor?  Because he wasn't peeling too well."

I'm not sure that Benny has any clue just how much that did cheer me up.  That innocence, that silly humor, and that love that wants to cheer up someone who is sick, is so incredibly motivating to me. Thank you Benny.  And thank you momma Angie.

I'm peeling so much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK ... I hesitated to post this one ... a fav from my childhood. I'm confident my family and friends got VERY tired of it. Ok ... apologize in advance, but I still like it:

HOW DO YOU KEEP A FISH FROM SMELLING?
...
... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... ... you cut off his nose!

I warned you! ...