Wednesday, April 2, 2008

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2

I woke up this morning at 4:00 am worried that my first blog was way too serious.  Look at me.  I have a new passion so strong it wakes me up.  It's not like I'm the first blogger on the block.  It just feels that way.

Very soon, I will begin adding humorous photos from the original Lymph Notes.  Humor is absolutely the most important element in my healing.  OK, humor and chemo.

Which leads me to an idea.  Why not have a Comedy Chemo Night at the Roxi?  Sounds like an opportunity for a new nonprofit, Drip&Laugh . . . dot org.  (I actually went to school with a girl named Dottie Org.  She must have one very confusing URL.)

And now we return to our regular serious programming . . . 

4 comments:

Kristen Autrey said...

Bill,

My name is Quique Autrey. I work with Eva Archer-Smith. I am also a fellow blogger. I love quotes. You seem to really enjoy humor and laughter. I thought I would share this one with you:

"Laughter is only second to grace"

Karl Barth

Keep up the good work!!!

Q

Chuck said...

Can you turn the shine down on your head? I can't see the screen :-) Sorry I haven't called in the last couple of days. Monday was crazy busy having been out sick the whole week before, and last night I was phone banking, signing up volunteers to help keep the right wing nut-sacks from putting an initiative on the ballot to write discrimination into the constitution.

Maybe if you're feeling up to it, you can go with me next Tuesday.

XO Chuck

Carl P. said...

I love that your doing this!
I wish I had blogged during my cancer treatment...but not enough to go through it again.
I'll see you VERY soon.
Keep em coming! The blogs, I mean!
Carl

Unknown said...

Billy Bird -
You know I still think of you and laugh every time I hear "chirp chirp" when crossing the streets in Salt Lake City.
Your so SPECIAL! Love you.
The Church Lady