Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Glowing Report?

Tomorrow I have my first progress check, a Pet Scan.  I received instructions for preparation for the scan which tell me to fast for 12 hours and only eat protein tonight.  But this is the part that is the most interesting:

"Patient will expose others to radiation.  Need to stay away for 8 hours after scan.  If there are small children or pregnant women in the home, patient should stay in a separate room and use a separate restroom."

I'm beginning to believe that eight to ten cancer patients on the roof could heat an average American home.

I was planning on hosting a game-night tomorrow night.  I hope we don't play hide 'n seek.  I'll definitely lose.  

1 comment:

Chuck said...

My boss at work went through a highly experimental treatment for her rare cancer, where they injected her with radioactive material that "targeted" the cancer cells. She similarly was told to keep a 10 foot radius for something like a week. Her husband (my other boss) took his digital camera and held the ccd or whatever records the images up to her over the course of time to see if he could see flahses from the radioactive particles hitting the ccd. It was quite amusing.