Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday, April 3


A few people, in their comments on here, have called me "Egg Head." That comes from Easter morning when my friend Tom painted my head like an egg and put it in an Easter basket.  This photo, my first on the blog, is actually my head.

Today was Chemo #7.  It is becoming routine, and yet still very intense because even though I seem to treat everything lightheartedly, I recognize the seriousness of these treatments.  I go in every two weeks and will do this for six to eight months.  Because I was Stage Four, I might have to go longer.  We are waiting for approval from my insurance to do a Pet Scan to see my progress.

I cannot predict how I will feel in the next few days.  It changes each time, however today my oncologist explained that the medicine will weaken my blood the most on day four through day eleven after each treatment.  That is usually when I feel sick.  However my pain is manageable. Generally fatigue, nausea, neuropathy, mouth sores, and minor other discomforts.  I have said many times that I have such sympathy for the people of this world who suffer from migraines, chronic back pain, or other more severe forms of cancer.  My heart and my love go out to you.
There are so many thoughts I want to write.  But I am anxious tomorrow morning to simply address "what is lymphoma" and "how did I know?"  

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Hey Mr. Bill! Don't know if you remember but the day I started working for SLOC my parents were told, "Your son has advanced lymphoblastic leukemia, he has a short time left." (They expected one to two weeks.)

Eight years later he is doing great and is cancer free! He is married to another leukemia survivor.

It is going to be SUNNY and 60 degrees for our First Friday Art Stroll today! I'm pretty psyched! I will be using the Stroll to promote an event called "Canvas for Cancer," an art auction being organized by one of Hilary's fellow dancers to contribute to children and families effected by cancer. To see our little friend Mason's story go to www.teammason.us (Mason is the son of Hilary's dance coach, she used to babysit for them.)

I am loving your blog! I suddenly feel inspired to write! I know I need to. Have a great day!

Sending thoughts, prayers and all my love!
Ginny