Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Stress Reduction

Today I did Reiki  I have also done bio feedback, acupuncture, self hypnosis and meditation training.  If someone recommended it, I would probably try a week in a Texas polygamy camp.  I'm not opposed to being very open minded, particularly when it is spiritual in nature.

The Reiki involved flat stones, large bells, fire and water, and his hands strategically placed on my chakras.  It is for stress reduction and healing.  He also said he felt the strong presence of a Jim and a Theodore.  I got home and Googled "Jim & Ted" and got a YouTube video of Big Jim's 'Wanted Ted or Alive' Bikini Bullriding Contest.  So much for stress reduction.

I am a firm believer that we all must stop as often as possible and be calm.  Call it meditation if you dare, but it is vital to our stress reduction to simply take a few deep breaths and remain centered for a few minutes on healing and the total disappearance of stress.  When I took the classes in self hypnosis, I learned that total relaxation is effortless.  It is the absence of effort.  I have always loved that, and it has put me to sleep on many occasions.  

And so this is the Dali Billi bidding you all a very good night's sleep and sweet dreams about the Bikini Bullriders.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still giggling!!!!!!!!