Tuesday, April 22, 2008

On the Beach

I'm sitting on the beach right now, scribbling on a sand-filled note pad.  I used to always come here when I was depressed, searching for forgiveness and answers.  I usually found it in the rocks.  I would pick one up to represent beauty, one for strength, and one for hope.  I remember the morning that I was reaching for the hope rock and the surf rushed it back out to sea.  Suddenly hope was gone.

Now I have nothing around me except rocks of hope.  I wish the entire world could stop and be here with me right now and feel this peace.

I'm crying tears that are reminiscent of the sadness I had back then, and yet now they are filled with happiness and an enormous swelling of my heart.  I wish I could explain the incredible fullness I feel, together with nature and myself, and a huge appreciation for the gratitude.

The air if very cool but comfortable.  I cannot see another person anywhere on the beach.  The water is loud and silences life behind me to the East.  And as I look to the open and vast West, it is completely and defiantly free.  Not unlike my life right now.  What will come over the horizon is a mystery.  Meanwhile I will enjoy the sand and the sea and everything that comes from it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of your better writings! I can sense the sea and the beach ... and the rocks. I'm enjoying reading your blog. Keep up the good work and the positive attitude. You are helping others with your fun!

MB said...

Bubba,

That was exquisite....
and so are you....

Love you,
mb