Friday, May 30, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes

I feel so much better today.  More energy and more alive.  I'm happy that I share my not-so-good experiences because it is a part of all of us.  I wouldn't be human if I didn't have down times, and it would be ludicrous for me to ignore them in my writing while I experience cancer.

But now I look out and see the bumble bees and hummingbirds enjoying the snapdragons and I'm back to my pollyanna self.  After a few years as a Disney writer, I guess I still see the world through the eyes of a princess. I promise I'll try not to put too much icing on the cupcakes.

I had a chemo treatment yesterday.  It was a long day because of a chest x-ray that was taken due to some breathing problems I have been having and a few fevers.  But all ended well and I got my treatment.

People are put in our lives at certain junctures amazingly at just the right times.  Part of my stress was feeling depressed about not knowing what is in my future.  I met two people on Sunday who are music writing partners;  Elaine Macaluso and Don MacBain.  Thus they formed "Mac and Mac Music."  They had heard me speak and gave me a CD asking me to listen to one particular song.

The song is "It's Not The Time."  It was very powerful to me.  Some of the lyrics include, 
"It's not the time to ask any questions
It's not the time to understand why . . . 
It's not the time to dwell in my sorrow
It's not the time for my soul to cry . . . 
It's not the time to think of tomorrow
It's not the time to learn how to cope
To look at your life, remember the laughter
Some comfort there, a glimmer of hope . . . "
                         copyright, Mac and Mac Music, 2007
                                 Music Macs Publishing

To put the song into perspective, Elaine wrote it last year for a friend of hers whose son had just been killed in an alcohol related car accident.  That affected me so much more when I reread the lyrics.  My problems are so small in comparison.

To hear the song, visit iTunes and type in "Mac and Mac Music, It's Not the Time."  There are two beautiful versions, one male and one female.  Please take the time to listen (even if "it's not the time").

And thank you so much for taking the time to listen to me.  I love getting your emails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments again ... especially the heads up on Mac and Mac Music, It's Not the Time. I bought both versions from the iTunes store ... plan to use one of them in a "Hospice Video" I'm working on for a wonderful 97 yo cancer patient ... a "life review" video/DVD. Always good to read your comments. Keep up the good work ... and good attitude!