Monday, May 19, 2008

Sleeping and Milking

It's been a long time since I have been this fatigued.  The chemo always hits me the Sunday and Monday following treatment, and this time it has hit with a nice little punch.  I have slept 12 hours the past two nights and much of the afternoon between.  I'm hardly complaining.  Being tired is not really anything to whine about.

I also got a bit of nausea yesterday.  I'm hoping it's not because I began the breast milk in my coffee.  ("Breast milk in my coffee, moo moo moo.  Skip to my Lou my darling.")  It actually did not taste bad at all.  I have been sent so many websites proclaiming its healing values.  Here is a short list of some of its medicinal uses:
  • Pink eye - apply a few drops in the affected eye(s)
  • Cold sore - apply and allow to dry
  • Warts - apply and allow to dry
  • Minor cuts, burns, scrapes - apply, allow to dry and bandage
  • Stuffy runny nose - squirt a few drops in each nostril
  • Sore cracked nipples - apply and air dry
  • Ear infections - squirt a few drops in affected ear
  • Insect bites - apply and the itching will go away
  • Sore throat - drinking the milk will fight the infection
  • Contact lenses - dry lenses or run out of solution?  Substitute the milk. It's sterile.
Now back to resting.

No comments: