Saturday, June 28, 2008

The C Card



Ever since starting treatments, I have laughed with friends who are envious of me getting to play "The C-Card."  If I don't want to do something, I just simply insert into the conversation, "I've got cancer," and I'm scott free.

And it's not just me using it.  My roommate got us much quicker cable maintenance using the C-Card.  While my sister was visiting, she used it a number of times for faster service or to cancel orders.  Sometimes I had to put on a sad face to pull it off, but she was lovin' it.

My brother the priest brags that his C-Card (the Collar) works even better than mine, and together we could conquer the world.

So I decided to make it official and construct actual C-Cards.  The one for me says, "I wish I could, but I've got cancer."  And for friends, I made some that say, "I'm sorry, Officer, I'm on my way to help a friend with cancer."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Billy Bird' ... your last few posts continue to grab my feelings and my funny bone ... you write well and have an uncanny way of getting your basic feelings into words. A lot of us have another C-card for you ... a "C"are card ... because we do just that ... for you. Keep up the good attitudes and your neat ability to put your feelings and thoughts into your blog ... for you ... and for us. Thinking about ya!

Anonymous said...

Ι havе οnly ѕееn
a few ροsts but I'm already hooked. Need to spend a long morning going through the forums on here.

Feel free to surf to my webpage - final-end.net