Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Queen of Chemo



My good friend Kristen took me to my chemo treatment yesterday.  We worked together at Disney on many animated movie premieres involving every imaginable princess, so it was only fitting that we crown her Queen of Chemo.

I came prepared with my oxygen, my camera, and of course all necessary props.  Kristen came prepared with incredibly delicious oatmeal-cookie-coated popcorn.  But neither of us came prepared for an earthquake on the drive to the hospital.  While sitting at a traffic light, we thought were hit by the car behind us.  It wasn't until we got to the hospital that they told us the truth.

All was well in the city.  No injuries or major damage.  All was well in my veins.  No injuries or major damage.  And I would love to say that all is well with Kristen, but these photos could possibly cause major damage.  The nurse walked in as we were laughing and shooting the pictures, and she asked, "What does this say about our clinic?"  Kristen responded, "It says that fun people continue to have fun no matter what."

I have had 14 treatments with 14 different loving friends or family accompanying me.  Hopefully there are only two treatments left, but after posting these pictures, it might be hard to find two more daring candidates.  When we were kids, my brother would pose for photos in anything I asked him to wear.  Maybe he'll come back and I can create a Pope's outfit with a hypodermic hat.  Kev?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do I sign up? A cute wig and a funny sidekick! I'm Sold! If there is an audition process - I am available and limber...

Anonymous said...

How come you have all the fun??!! I'm in on the auditions!! Do I have to be able to sing??