Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BOLT


I was fortunate to be given VIP tickets for the world premiere of Disney's new 3-D animated movie, "BOLT" on Monday night. Seated among the film's stars, John Travolta, Miley Cyrus, and her guests, the Jonas Brothers, I felt so Hollywood cool. If nothing else, I was happy just knowing who they were. I don't exactly have all of their music.

We arrived and walked the red carpet, hardly to be noticed. Miley was getting out of her car just as we entered. The crowd was screaming her name and waving photographs of her, as if she forgot what she looks like? Her song in the movie is rumored to be a nominee for an Oscar.

The movie was excellent. I laughed out loud on several occasions. The after party was exciting with lots of food (mostly in the theme of dog . . . but no Alpo to be seen), crafts and games for the kids, and lots of stars roaming the crowd. I even urinated right next to one of the Jonas's. I can go to my grave with that.

If you have been to a 3-D movie, you know that everyone wears big black glasses. It was so funny to turn around and see the entire crowd looking like Jack Nicholson.  If you take the glasses off, everything in the film has a double image. For several hours after the movie, that was my vision. My friend Tim went with me, and he had to read to me all the food signs. I could not even recognize people's faces and I was terrified I was going to walk up to old Disney friends and not know who they were.  And try climbing a flight of stairs with a food plate when you're seeing double steps.

Fortunately when I woke up yesterday, all that remained were memories of a fun movie and a fun night.  I don't have to go through life with those glasses.

1 comment:

Susan C said...

Your remark about the Jonas brother is priceless. Just last night I was talking about the bathroom subject with a friend who had attended the Golden Globes. We decided that was the best place for celebrity spotting because eventually everyone has to go.